Homemade Honey and Coconut Oil Hair Mask for Robust and Silky Hair
Combining honey and coconut oil are show to provide benefits that can make a significant difference in keeping your hair and even your skin in superb health. Homemade honey and coconut oil hair masks can help rejuvenate dry and damaged hair. The combination effects of honey and coconut oil have shown to add shine, decrease fizzy hair, moisturize hair and scalp, aid in decreasing the amounts of grey hair, add more hair volume, and make hair more softer. The anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of coconut oil and honey also help fight and prevent dandruff and different scalp problems.
Benefits of Using Honey in Hair Masks
Homemade honey and coconut oil hair mask have many benefit for dry and damaged hair. Excessive sun exposure, excessive us of hair irons and other hair products can damage your hair. However, there are chemical-free treatments that you can make a home to help in promoting smooth, soft and healthy hair growth. The anti-viral and anti-microbial properties found in honey aid in attracting moisture, reduce the loss of moisture and restoring dry hair to a healthy glow and luster.
How to Safely Use Coconut Oil For Hair
Generally coconut oil has shown to be beneficial for all most all hair types. It has shown seems to be most beneficial when used in small amounts to help moisturize your hair and help reduce frizz. There are many ways to safely use coconut oil to ensure you are following the best practices when using coconut oil for hair:
- Avoid using coconut oil directly on the scalp: Even though coconut oil seems to be beneficial for people who battle with dandruff which has a fungal element. The overuse of coconut oil may clog pores and cause the scalp to become irritated. Thus, it is important to use the coconut oil directly on the hair rather on the scalp.
- Start by using small amounts: Its said that using too of something can cause adverse affects. If you have not used coconut oil on your hair before, its important that you test it out using small amounts until you know how your hair handles coconut oil. Thus, before using coconut oil for your hair use a small amount and see how hair responds to the coconut oil.
- Add other ingredients: Combining other natural oils with the coconut oil changes the affects of how your hair responds to the treatment. If you want to use a deep treatment, blending coconut oil with honey and even yogurt may be more beneficial than using coconut oil alone.
What You Will Need to Make a Homemade Honey and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
- 1 tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Organic Raw Honey
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Sauce Pan
- 1 Spoon
How to Make a Homemade Coconut Oil and Honey Hair Mask
Step 1: Mix Ingredients Together
Begin by mixing the both the coconut oil and honey in an mixing bowl. You also have the option of slightly heating up the mixture on a stovetop in a sauce pan. This may help your hair follicles open up. If you have long or extra damaged hair you can add a bit more of honey and coconut oil.
Step 2: Apply to Hair Mask
Generously apply the final coconut and honey hair mask product by starting from top to bottom of your hair. Try focusing on the ends of the hair where most damage occurs. You have the option to apply the hair mask to dry or wet hair. However, it has been shown to be easier applied to wet hair.
Step 3: Allow 30-40 Minutes for The Mask to Soak in Your Hair
You can wrap your hair up in a bun and let the mask soak in for about 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: Rinse Your Hair
Wash the hair mask out in the shower using your regular shampoo and conditioner routine.
Mazi Salon is a Hair Salon in Glendale, California
Address: 1708 Victory Blvd, Glendale, CA 91201